FAIRFAX COUNTY, VA – Here are five must-see local stories in Fairfax County today:
1. MPAartfest returns to McLean Central Park In October: MPAartfest will return in 2021 after being held virtually in 2021. Organized by McLean Project for the Arts, the event will take place on Sunday October 3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. McLean Central Park. This is the 15th year of the arts festival, which transforms McLean Central Park into an open-air art gallery.
2. A student from Lake Braddock creates an outdoor elementary classroom: Students at Ravensworth Elementary School would normally learn indoors on plastic chairs in a classroom. But in September, students have a different kind of learning environment to use: painted tree stumps and wooden chairs in a tent outside. This open-air classroom is due to the Eagle Scout Project of Lake Braddock sophomore Logan Pembleton.
3. Upcoming Fairfax Stuff The Bus food drives planned for October: since 2011were organized as a way to replenish local pantries during times when donations fall. A partnership between Fairfax County and local nonprofits, Stuff the Bus has collected more than 220 tonnes of food. The next event will take place on Saturday October 9.
4. Fairfax Lions Celebrate 2021 Reunion with Parade and Festivities: Motorists passing through the town of Fairfax on Friday afternoon may experience traffic delays as police temporarily close roads for the 2021 Reunion Parade. Fairfax High School. The parade begins around 4 p.m. near Historic Blenheim on Old Post Road and returns to school for the back-home activities.
5. Fall Festivals, Scares, Oktoberfests: DC, NoVA Weekend Events: We’ve rounded up the local events that take place from Friday October 1st through Sunday October 3rd. This weekend includes haunted attractions like the start of Shocktober and Workhouse Haunt, many Oktoberfests and fall festivals.
Visit your local Patch for more information, events and announcements in your community.
Fall Decor Show, Oakton: (Oct. 1)
: (2 oct.)