August 29, 2022
October 29, 2022
Outdoor Learning Center instructors are responsible for the care and management of groups while providing high quality outdoor programming. They are expected to create a positive atmosphere while creating opportunities for experiential learning and authentic growth for students and clients. As we view the outdoors as a classroom, instructors must embrace a teacher mentality while delivering team building and personal development programs, outdoor adventure and guiding, and instructional courses. science and environmental education, among other programs. Our clients include public and private schools, colleges and universities, scout groups and specialty retreats. Instructors will also be responsible for logistics before, during and after a group stay. This includes preparing program areas and facilities, facilitating meals and transitions, developing programming, and general cleaning and maintenance. As groups arrive with chaperones, our instructors are not responsible for campers once they are in the cabins for the evening, with the exception of off-site outings and some specialty programs. Functions:
- Leads caving, boating, archery, outdoor games, environmental classes, and evening programming; prepares and facilitates on high and low ropes courses; inspects equipment throughout its use to ensure it meets safety standards.
- Supports user groups in all aspects; helps user groups set and achieve goals for their experience.
- Promotes a safe environment where individuals will feel comfortable challenging themselves.
- Recognizes and responds to opportunities for problem solving with the group.
- Identifies the needs of the user group; helps members of the user group recognize their potential.
- Responsible for maintaining user groups on schedule.
How to register:
Duration of position
Until the end of October.
3586 Horizons Way, Harrisonburg, Virginia, 22802